Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Thankful List ~ December 2016

December 2016 Thankful List

Well we are at the end of another year and able to express yet again so many things we are thankful for.  I’m thankful that my mom got to visit again at the beginning of the month.  The kids had fun going fishing with her and spending an afternoon at Chuckie Cheese playing games with her. 

I am thankful for my husband and how much he serves and loves our family.  Even with having a newborn he has continued to find a way to help me have an hour to myself occasionally so that I can have an uninterrupted quiet time or work on a project that makes me feel accomplished.

We were able to go visit family in GA the week before Christmas.  It was wonderful to see everyone. It was the first time in several years that we were able to get together with all of Josh’s immediate family at one time.  It was a very sweet time and we are so glad that Josh’s mom is doing a bit better.  Susu took Addilyn to the American Doll store to eat and to get her hair done. My dad took Josh and I to see the new Star Wars (Rogue One) movie.   And, my mom’s side of the family had their huge get together.  Unfortunately, Addi and Josiah got the stomach bug and were throwing up for part of it, but fortunately it didn’t last long.

I am thankful for my kids who keep me busy and bring me so much joy.  Addi has become such a big girl.  She helps with everything including cooking, cleaning, and caring for her siblings.  Addi was also in the Calvary Christmas production.  This year she was a sand princess.”   I thought she was adorable.  She knew every line of every person for the entire play. Josiah is becoming more helpful as he is getting older too.  Josiah has been doing great with learning how to read and he is catching on to some math concepts we’ve been working on for awhile.  Eli is so funny.  He is always saying something or doing something to make us laugh. I turned around one day and he was in Aubri’s baby swing just having a good old time.  He has recently become completely obsessed with all things “Tar Warrrrs” (Star Wars).  In fact, he will sing both the basic Star Wars song and the Darth Vader song. And of course, sweet baby Aubri is an absolute joy.  She is such a good baby.  She sleeps well and nurses great.  She started giving us really big smiles this month, which just melt my heart. We are all so thankful for her and how she has already depended our family’s love for one another.


0 comments:

Post a Comment