Monday, October 3, 2016

Thankful List ~ August 2016

August 1st we started our official 2016-2017 homeschool year! We had been doing lessons pretty much all summer but it was nice to have an official day where we transitioned from summer lessons and into our new routine.

Josiah turned FIVE!  On his actual birthday the kids and I went to the Sylvan Heights Bird Park.  It was great.  My favorite part was feeding the parakeets but Josiah hated it because he felt like the birds were biting him.  Overall the kids had a blast.  A few days later we had a big birthday party for Josiah.  He had wanted a Big Hero Six theme, which was fun to decorate for.  The highlight of the party was when Josh dressed up as Baymax!  All the kids LOVED it, especially Josiah.

We also loved watching the Olympics together as a family!  The kids stayed up WAY past their bedtime to watch the Opening Ceremonies.  We enjoyed all sorts of events.  It was great to see the kids learning about the different sports, recognizing the better-known athletes, and even identifying the flags of different nations.

Josh was very gracious to give me a late birthday present, a night completely by myself at a hotel so I could sleep as late as I wanted without kids waking me.  It was very nice and relaxing and I was so grateful for the time to recharge!


After 8 months we were finally able to get people in to fix our master bath shower.  I am thrilled to have this big project finally taken care of.

0 comments:

Post a Comment