Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thankful List ~ April 2015


April Thankful List

Josh recovered quickly from his back surgery. After six weeks he was almost completely back to his old self again! I continue to be thankful for those who served us by watching the kids or providing us with meals.

With all we've had going on, I'm thankful for God’s protection over Josiah. He was hit in the face with a baseball bat and only had a swollen and bloody lip.  I was tremendously thankful we didn't end up at the hospital again.

Addi finished her first year official year of school.  She did a great job with the Classical Conversations curriculum this year and we were thankful for all the evidences of grace we saw in her as she learned things I thought were well beyond her scope to learn.  She never ceases to surprise me.

We also got to celebrate Addilyn’s 5th Birthday. What an absolute honor that the Lord has given us such a blessing in our daughter.  She is smart, spunky, beautiful, and tender hearted.  This year she wanted a Rainbow Pony Art party.  She helped me make lots of the decorations and party favors.  We invited lots of friends.  We had Raleigh, Wake Forest, and Rocky Mount friends all join us to celebrate God's gift to us in Addi-Grace.  I'm also thankful for her bravery in getting her 5 year old shots (she wanted to watch while the nurse gave her 3 different shots and she didn't shed a tear)!

This month I am probably most thankful for the opportunity to fly to Atlanta to visit with my Nana one last time.  After being told by my mom that she didn't think Nana had much time left, we booked a flight for Elias and I.  Although I was worried about the cost, my amazing husband reminded me that in 10 years from now I would pay anything to be able to visit with my Nana.  It's true.  What a great perspective.  I will forever cherish that time I got to sit beside her in the last days of her life.


0 comments:

Post a Comment