Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Thankful List ~ September

September 2014 Thankful List

Despite some circumstances that led to us getting less income this month the Lord provided a way for us to get both of our vehicles fixed! Our van needed new brakes (and unexpectantly new rotors), the car needed a couple tires, and both were overdue for an oil change. One of the days that Josh had off he was able to make multiple trip to the mechanic to take care of all of this. I’m so thankful for my husband!

Addilyn started soccer for the first time. She has been doing great. She listens well to her coach and she is learning lots of basic techniques like dribbling, trapping, and proper foot techniques for different kinds of kicks. I love watching her and I’m so thankful for her coach because I seriously know nothing about soccer!

Classical Conversations (homeschool) has been going very well. I am continually amazed at how much the kids are learning and retaining (even Josiah). We took a few field trips this month, which were both exciting and exhausting. Our first field trip included tours of the NC Governor’s Mansion, State Capital, and the Legislative Building. The second field trip was to Camp Flintlock where we learned all about Colonial America through reenactments, games, and crafts. I was very grateful for help from a friend that day because I had both of my kids, the little boy I babysit, it was raining the entire time and I’ve been in a walking boot because of a stress fracture in my foot. God knew I needed help and he provided a friend which made the day much more enjoyable.

We also had a great ultrasound of baby this month. We could have found out baby’s gender but we decided to wait. Since we already have both a boy and a girl we are just going to wait until the delivery to see what the Lord has planned for us. The great news is that baby looked very healthy! The baby started kicking a lot this month too. Even Josh started feeling the kicks!

We were able to celebrate Josh’s birthday this month. He is the most amazing husband and father! I am so thankful for his spiritual leadership, his intimate care for me, the deep friendship we share, his compassion and empathy for others, his patience with everyone, his continual sense of humor, his hardworking demeanor and servant attitude, and most of all how he loves Jesus. I am more blessed than I can describe in words and not a day goes by that I don’t thank the Lord for his life and pray that He will give us many more years with this incredible man!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment