Friday, November 1, 2013

Our Yard Sale -The Sequel


Call me crazy, but I thought (as if we didn’t have enough going on), that we could try to do one more yard sale with all the stuff left over from the last sale before winter crept up on us.  Back in August I mentioned the idea to Josh and he thought it was a good idea so we started searching our calendar for a weekend we had free.  Between his work schedule, traveling to go out of town, birthdays, baby showers, and other commitments we had already made, we only had one weekend available between the end of August and end of November.

We had several families drop off donations the week prior.  My grandmother, who is the Yard Sale Queen, came up to help us price items, run the check out table, and help watch the kids.  One of the guys from our community group helped Josh pull out all the boxes from under our house that were left over from the last yard sale.

We live along a busy street so this time we were hoping to get additional traffic at our sale by setting up Friday morning and being prepared for the after school shoppers and all those driving by when they got off of work.  However, I hadn’t done my research and had not taken into consideration that it was Fall Break and the first full day of the NC State fair- whoops.  Needless to say, we didn’t have near as many people stop by on Friday as I had hoped.  However, I am so thankful for two of our neighbors who helped watch our kids for a bit so my grandmother and I could set everything out.

Saturday, Josh was off work, which made things (especially managing the kids) a lot easier.  That morning we battled the rain for a little while.  I was thankful that the night before we had gone and bought several painters tarps to cover the tables.  I had prayed that the Lord would show us grace and not let it rain on us too hard and he answered my prayer!  When you looked at the radar there was a little circle over Raleigh where there was no rain and I’m pretty sure that was my neighborhood because the most we got was a lots of little sprinkles and even that ended around 10:00am.  I think the rain may have kept a lot of people inside that day so we didn’t have as many people as I had expected but it cleared up and we still sold a LOT of stuff.  We also had many friends come by to shop.  By the end of the two-day sale we made around $800!  In summary, we are so grateful for God’s provision yet again!  To Him be the glory!

0 comments:

Post a Comment